Freitag, August 10

Since my week has been so busy I will just make a list:

Biking
Tanning
Eating Breakfast
Reading
Rafting
Eating ice cream (multiple times per day)
Taking pictures
Scratching mosquito bites (10)
Hot tubbing
Smelling pine trees (their bark smells like vanilla!)
Picking wild flowers
Hanging out with deer
No, I am not making this up.

So far we have been staying in a resortish type place in central oregon. It is very naturey and pinetreey. Like for example I was sitting out on the patio one morning enjoying my breakfast and a baby deer scampered on by! At the time I was pretty stoked about it, but by now I am used to the deer. They're everywhere! They jump out of bushes when you ride by on your bike, lay in the shade looking cute, and generally just stand around munching on leaves everywhere. One let me and my brother get within three feet of her! It was amazing. But no bears, unfortunately. I was thinking of leaving some bait outside for them but was informed that such a thing is considered a criminal offense. Oh well. Tomorrow I am going to watch while my sister and others ride horses, then go to a BBQ at the Egglestons (old family friends). On Saturday we leave Sunriver and go to Portland for a night (cool!). Sunday we head down to Roseberg to visit with the family who didn't come on the trip. I will be home late Monday night.

Must go. Too hard to type and scratch at the same time. Why mosqitoes, why? Why me?! Mental note: Eat more garlic.

PS, did you know that llamas act as guard dogs and will kick the crap out of cayotes who try to come onto your property? Tiiiight. Apparently my brother and I were all wrong when we wrote these lyrics:

central oregon has llamas
falalalalalalalala
they're a mix of sheep and camels
falalalalalalalala
don we now our llama sweaters
falalalalalalalala
milk them, make cheese, put on taco
falalalalalalalala

1 Kommentar:

Yasha hat gesagt…

so can you train llamas?