Sonntag, Oktober 15

My latest revelation.

I am too much of an overachiever. All the best people are not overachievers, and I never wanted to be one in theory. But sometimes it's just so much easier, because it prevents you from having to make any real choices about your life. I need to cut the crap. Here's the truth of the matter: I love reading. I love ideas represented abstractly through literature. I love writing, and I love thinking, and I love imagining my life to be something it's not. What I'm trying to say is, I was born to study literature. Who the hell am I trying to kid, anyway?

I would so rather be there person who goes to England for a year and takes creative writing and film electives just because she can, than the person who sits around acting like a douchebag and talking about moral relativism and studying her life away. Why am I so afriad to be the person I want to be?

Now everyone, gather round and watch as Mandy changes her mind once again within the next 24 hours!

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

ah. this is a good revelation. I think you should stick with this mind-change.

mind-change? ..you know what I mean.