Dienstag, Juli 24

So, getting your wisdom teeth out is weird. They didn't sedate me totally, so I was still able to hear voices and feel them doing stuff to my mouth. Basically it was like they put in my IV, I was awake and talking, the doctor started putting shots of novacaine in my gums, I said something like "that hurts," the intern kid from notre dame asked me which college I was in at UCSD, I told him, he told me he had applied to warren, and then there was a lot of talking, and what seemed like one minute later, I was awake and the intern kid was telling me to stand up and I picked up the conversation right where we left off, telling him that he should come to sungod some time cause it's really fun. Only this time I had tons of gauze stuffed in my mouth and i couldnt feel my tongue or lips. I had asked them to save my teeth for me, so someone came in and said that they were "marinating," at which I laughed and said "what, are we gonna eat them or something?" Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. When I got in the car they said I was bleeding, so I checked it out in the mirror and saw that my front teeth and lips were all bloody. I thought that was pretty tight. Later, while waiting for my mom to pick up my free smoothie i thought it might be cool to write a story where someone has just gotten their wisdom teeth out and then something crazy happens, so that they have to fend off a thief and terrorist attack while blood is dripping from their mouth and they are still halfway sedated. One half of my bottom lip is still numb and I find that to be incredibly annoying. Also annoying is that they forgot to give me my teeth before I left! Ugh. They'd better save them for when I go back next week.

1 Kommentar:

charlene hat gesagt…

YOU WERE STILL AWAKE?! I was completely knocked out when I had mine taken out. Apparently, they had asked me questions too while I was dozing off into a coma and that felt strangely intruding. What if they asked me if I liked a boy or something? How embarassing. Good thing they only asked me which college I wanted to go to.

What does that marinating thing even mean?! Take a picture if you start getting puffy and of your wisdom teeth if you get them back!