Montag, Juli 2

Dear Sarah,

Today I mailed in my visa application. It was really stressful and if my passport gets lost in the mail it will be even more so, but hopefully it will all be taken care of after this. I got hired at the party staff but have not worked at all yet. I still need to buy pants with beltloops so i can tuck in my shirt and look like a total ass. I am pretty stoked about this. If I am not offered any jobs this weekend, I might come down to san diego. If not, I will be there soon enough. My family has been here visiting and I have decided that I do not like kids anymore. They are intimidating and very difficult to hold a conversation with. I always feel stupid talking to kids, or condescending, and I hate asking them how old they are. Why can't people ever think of things to say to kids besides "how old are you?" I mean they probably don't mind much, but I feel really lame about it. Anyway the kids are gone now and it's just our family and one other, and in comparison to yesterday, it's silent as a tomb here. Phew. I finished my first book of the summer, and now have at least 9 more to go. This number is arbitrary but important. I decided I dont read nearly enough so I assigned myself the task of reading at least 10 books this summer. Anyway, in regards to the first book (see below for more details), all I can say is damn, that guy knows how to write an ending. Those endings, they really get me! It seems like it's possible to have a pretty mediocre book that still ends up being good because of the ending. Anyway, they stick in my mind for long periods of time. I'm now movingon to Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. Hopefully I can get through it. It's almost the fourth of july which is exciting, but I am pretty bummed out because this will be the last year Fontana will allow fireworks. What freaking jerks. I honestly don't understand grown ups, really, I don't.

5 Kommentare:

sarahzzz hat gesagt…

wow it worked!

Unknown hat gesagt…

I'm picking up what you're laying down about book endings. Por ejemplo, I have never read Ulysses, it kind of terrifies me, but I know what the last sentence is and that makes me want to read it sometimes. But I probably never will.

charlene hat gesagt…

i can't believe you just mailed in your visa application. i want a letter.

Amy hat gesagt…

"It's almost the fourth of july which is exciting, but I am pretty bummed out because this will be the last year Fontana will allow fireworks."

This sentence should have been:

"It's almost the fourth of july which is exciting, but I am pretty bummed out because AMY IS LEAVING FOR 15 DAYS AND I WILL MISS HER."

Anonym hat gesagt…

Today is the 3rd of July and I am VERY bummed out because Amy is leaving for 15 days and will be halfway across the world and I WILL MISS HER!

--Mommy