Montag, März 26

There are some mornings when the sky looks like a road

I hung out at Whitfield's on Friday night. Since all of my roommates were gone, they were nice and let me spend the night, and we put sleeping bags on the floor and had a slumber party. We ate cotixans, made cookies, and watched 3 movies. Here are my reviews:

Upon rewatching Stranger then Ficttion, I decided that it had a lot of potential but wasn't actually that good. I think it was trying to be a Michael Gondry type thing, like what we kids are really into right now, and yet it had a very grown up feel to it. I'm not sure what I mean by that, but it kind of felt like someone was trying to be the cool mom or something. I think I had some problems with the casting, too. I mean, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Will Ferrel? That's kind of awkward and maybe even a little gross for some reason. Emma Thompson was good, but Dustin Hoffman just played the same guy he did in I Heart Huckabees, only with more multitasking and a coffee addiction. Which I found to be annoying. OK, enough bashing, the movie was alright. It's just that I watched it twice in a short period of time.

So then we watched Garden State, and it did not give me the Garden State Feeling. That's when I realized that the Garden State Feeling is a very specifically 2005 feeling, and now it is 2007. I was still disappointed, though. It's sad to grow out of things.

Also saw Me and You and Everyone we Know. It was alright, but I felt like it was just too indie, like someone had sat down to write an indie film. But it looked nice, and had some solid gold dialogue about pooping back and forth...forever. Honestly, I would recomend the movie just for that one scene. It was that good.

We never did get around to sleeping, so I went home at about 7:30 in the morning. The sun had just come up and nobody was out, because it was the first day of spring break. The birds were chirping and I sang along to joanna newsom on my ipod. The walk from sixth to muir is usually a pain in the ass, but this time I highly enjoyed it.

6 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

yeah I watched Stranger than Fiction last night, and I didn't like it that much. you're right, the two of them were kind of weird. and it just bothers me when Will Ferell is not a comedic character. even though he did a good job.

charlene hat gesagt…

i like maggie gyllenhaal. but i do think the combination of maggie and will ferrel is weird. then again, i haven't seen the movie.

holly says that garden state definitely isn't as good as it used to be. maybe we just don't connect with it anymore because we're out of that phase of our life where we thought it was so important or the message was so important. i dont think i really ever got the message even though i liked the movie.

i think part of the glory of that movie was the music, but i think i could make a better soundtrack than zach braff.

Yasha hat gesagt…

i saw the shooter. it was ok. not as great as i had assured myself it would be. its a hard learned lesson but, i've finally learned not to judge a movie by its trailer.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Pooping?

Anonym hat gesagt…

to that anonymous person above, yes. back and forth.
lejosh

Anonym hat gesagt…

cool.