Samstag, September 16

There will be noise, there will be glad, and the perfect bed.

Ok so, I'm pretty sure I'm actually going to use this blog. I hate the way livejounal looks. It stresses me out and confuses me; also this blog has a better title and url, thanks to my own creative genius. I hope everyone remembers the torkelsons, by the way. Forgetting the torkelsons is like forgetting 9/11. NOT OK.

Well, tonight is (was?) my last night in town before going back to san diego. It's kind of weird and I don't think it's hit me yet. If it had, I would be feeling a lot more nervous. You'd think after all these years of going back to school, I would be used to it by now. But I still get scared every time. I was hoping to do something out of the ordinary for my last night, and I was supposed to go to the fair. But Eddie, who was supposed to get us in for free, bailed (typical), so instead we just hung out around here. That was ok though, and maybe even better in a way.


I talked to Charlene on the phone earlier, and she told me two incredibly interesting things, but interesting in different ways.

1. Pat DA (the res dean) has been living in OUR apartment all summer while they renovate hers. Of all the apartments, she chooses ours. great. now it's gonna be like haunted by her spirit. Every time we even think about alcohol, a message in blood will appear on the wall or something, like "I know what's going on."

2. Hot Hot Heat is playing at fallfest! yessssss. Its gonna be such a fun show, I can't freaking wait. I had hoped they would pick someone good, so that it would add to my best October ever. A recap, in case I haven't rubbed it in enough:
Hot Hot Heat
Sufjan Stevens
The Decemberists
Bob Dylan

Charmander and I have been joking that the rest of our lives will pale in comparison to the month of october. It's gonna be like those people that can't get over highschool. Except instead of reliving the moment when we were asked to prom, it'll be the opening chords of Romulus. We'll have seen it all. We'll be past our prime. Over the hill. But I don't care. It's gonna be rad!

2 Kommentare:

Constance hat gesagt…

your blog looks cooler than mine... *jealous*

Mandy hat gesagt…

hell yeah i remember that, it was horrible, but at least they still had their awful names.