Samstag, September 1

Today was an incredibly unproductive day, as usual, but I did learn that what you do is way less important then who you do it with. I am perfectly content with sitting outside a closed starbucks with Josh and Santee for long periods of time without getting bored, because we never run out of things to talk about. With other people, we could go to five different places and be bored out of our minds at each of them. I don't really understand why conversation comes so easily between some people and not between others. It seems to me that certain combinations just click for some reason. Weird.

The other day my friend Thomas asked me if I had been writing much lately, and I realized that I hadn't at all. He, of course, had, so I felt pretty uncool about it, and since then I have been thinking about why I am so apathetic and unproductive in the summer months. I have come to the conclusion that I need school to kind of turn my brain on. When I am in school I am constantly thinking over new ideas and taking in new information, and I guess the more that goes in, the more comes out. When I have free time my mind just kind of sits there, and it's really hard to get it moving by pure force. I could write, but nothing interesting would come out. I don't know how I feel about this. What will become of me once I graduate? Yikes.

3 Kommentare:

charlene hat gesagt…

damn so many blogs in so little time. i finally updated mine.

go to grad school then your brain wont turn off. haha.

sarahzzz hat gesagt…

I'm sure once you get to London you'll find lots of inspiration.

Kitt hat gesagt…

i understand and agree with both points. all summer i've been wanting to paint and draw and go on crazy adventures photographing everything i see! but no ideas come and no compunction arises. it's kinda sad.