Donnerstag, Juni 14

I wish I was smaller, a little creepy crawler

Ah, my last shift at the film and video reserves, just how I like it: boring and lonely. I am closing by myself tonight, and there have been about 10 people in here total since I arrived. What a fitting end. I can't really decide how I feel about this job overall. It was pretty good money, not at all difficult, and conducive to being a student who has a lot of homework and lives on campus. However, I think there is something to be said for challenging oneself, even in the context of shitty part time jobs. Ask me again this summer when I have a job that involves standing on my feet and actually dealing with people, and see what I see then. I have a feeling it might be very different, but alas, the grass is always greener on the other side.

I hope nobody takes this personally, because it's not at all, but I am really not looking forward to the pilgrimage home on saturday. It's just that the idea of spending the entire summer in Fontana makes me feel very very numb, which is one of my least favorite feelings. Also, I have yet to seriously think about what I'm going to do for work. Oh, death.

I got through finals by the skin of my teeth, planning only a few hours at a time and finishing everything at the very last minute. Thank goodness this was such a chill quarter, or things may have gotten really ugly.

I am currently reading my fiction teacher's novel, Madeline is Sleeping. I don't know. I think I came into it not wanting to like it for some reason, and now I am still waiting to be convinced. It would help, I think, if I had some idea what the hell is going on with the plot. The thing is though that now I want to like it, since my teacher likes me, and I want to feel really great about that. It's just that I think I may have screwed myself over by starting the book with a bad attitude. Or maybe it's just not my style, I don't know. It's not salinger, that's for sure. Thank God they don't teach too much salinger in school. I don't want them to ruin it for me, ever. I refuse to let them ruin salinger for me! never!

This has been long. Back to online videos/myspace/facebook/sufjan stalking/ipod/madeline is sleeping/solitarie


p.s.- do any of my compulsive-blog-checking roommates want to go to cotixans tonight?

Keine Kommentare: