Sonntag, Juni 3

I am totally obsessed with this blogotheque website, like woah. Those videos are amazing. I haven't watched them all, but so far I especially recommend the national, the arcade fire, grizzly bear, and sufjan, of course. I can't even tell you how beautiful these movies are. You have to see for yourself! I also highly enjoyed this little bit of insight:

I never thought I would be able to film Sufjan. I tried my chance one time before but the good man needs his time, a kind of slow accession into a calm moment of rare revelation. And so it was no surprise that 10 minutes before filming him, he kind a freaked out, saying, with fleeing and frightened eyes like an animal being hunted « No, no, I don’t want to be filmed anymore, leave me be. »

Let us ignore the awkward translation and focus mainly on how badly we want to give Sufjan a hug, shall we?

In other news, tonight I did some grafiti in the mandeville staircase. I ruined my UCSD sweatshirt, but it was so worth it. OK, it may not have been worth it, but it was fun!

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I watched a couple of those vdeos! did you see the one where the guy just walks around in that memorial hall filming everyone performing in different rooms? it was amazing, and 1 continuous shot too, for like 20 minutes! It featured sufjan, my brightest diamond, and my favorite violinist, among others I hadn't heard of, but were also great.

I saw it on this page (first video):

http://www.eachnotesecure.com/sufjan-friends-take-away-show-cincinnati/

Anonym hat gesagt…

nevermind, it's the 1st video on the link you gave anyway, so ignore that link I gave.

ok.