Dienstag, März 20

you can radiate everything you are

I think the clothes that people wear during finals weeks are very telling. You can tell so much about the kind of student a person is, how hard their classes are, how concerned they are with their appearance, etc, simply by looking at, say, their hair. Or at least you can pretend that you can tell. For instance, I showed up to my Jane Austen final today, and found that about one third of the class was rocking the messy bun with headband look, just like me. And working in the library on sunday, not a single person camped out outside the film reserves was wearing jeans, as far as I could tell. As I sat there looking at them, suddenly my jeans felt so oppressive. Or maybe it was just all the junkfood I've been convincing myself it's justifiable to eat. Anyway, every time I see someone walk by outside my window in an outfit involving something other than a sweatshirt, or a person with clean straight hair, I feel sorry for their meaningless life. That person can't possibly be as busy and important as I am. No way.


But I'll be honest with you--really I just didn't feel like taking a shower.


You see how that paragraph was all disjointed, but not at the same time? Like how it almost makes sense but then not really? It's annoying to me, cause like if you're going to have it disjointed, just go ahead and do it, right? But I can't stop. It's really frustating.

4 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

yeah I almost enjoyed how I kind of looked homeless today when I went to my first final. dirty hair with a headband, no makeup, who cares, it's finals week.

Yasha hat gesagt…

you're gross.

charlene hat gesagt…

haha i don't think yasha appreciates our lack of hygiene. i'm not going to lie.. most days during finals week i'll wear the exact same outfit. it's pretty nasty, but it's not my fault!

i only own 1 pair of sweatpants..

Yasha hat gesagt…

i don't think you appreciate sarcasm charlene. i've been wearing the same clothes for ... days.