Dienstag, Februar 27

Yeah so I got a way better score on my Dylan midterm rewrite--went from 88 to 96!!! After agonizing on it for so long and having to pull an all-nighter because I chose to start from scratch with it, this is very welcome news. My TA loves me so much, it's not even funny. Just kidding, it is. He write things like "lovely" and "amazing" in the margins (he also writes things like "cliche" and "awkward" but lets overlook that for the time being) and then on the back he says that the paper was "a vision." No joke, he wrote that. Then he goes, "really, wow." haha! I have recently come to the realization that I am really good at being teacher's pet. I always have been, my whole entire life. I was not one of those genius kids who does bad in school as a kid but later on turns out to be a nobel prize winner. Instead, my first grade teacher told me i would be famous some day, and my senior year english teacher ssaid that students like me keep her teaching. There is a big difference, you see, but I have yet to determine how it will play out in terms of overall brilliance. haha. Anyway this is the kind of ego-building crap I am up against. No wonder I'm such a terrible person who writes blogs about her good grades. But what I'm trying to prove, I hope, is not that I am some brilliant writer, because I read the essay over again and it was still pretty not that good in my opinion, but rather that I am a nerdy teacher's pet who goes to office hours and wins over her TAs, in an academic sense anyway, and not a romantic one, unfortunately.

7 Kommentare:

sarah hat gesagt…

you're a bitch. is your TA hot?

Mandy hat gesagt…

no, I am strangely not attracted to him at all! That sentence was referring ore to Ivo, my one true TA love.

Yasha hat gesagt…

well you're very critical of yourself, and one could say you're doing that now too. what if the dylan essay was actually good?

Anonym hat gesagt…

Well, I knew way before first grade that you were brilliant, and fearless. I recognized the brilliance soon after birth. And the fearlessness...I would have to say the time you jumped off the high dive at the community pool all by yourself at the age of 3.

With love from your biggest fan -
Mommy

Mandy hat gesagt…

unfortunately I am neither of those things anymore! the nobel prize type kids have passed me up my now.

Anonym hat gesagt…

So not true...

Anonym hat gesagt…

I think we both tend to be overly-critical of our own work. My friends are always like "shut up, stop talking about your essay like that. it was good" but then I'm like, well yeah, I'd hope my friends would say those nice things about my essays (to my face at least), but it doesn't make it true, and doesn't change the fact that I feel like I never do deserve my good grades. but maybe I do? maybe you do too.

teachers always really like me also. it's creepy. I never even talk to them.