Samstag, Februar 10

The weird thing about literature classes is that you actually end up reading a lot of not good stuff. You're more learning history, like the history of thought kind of, through literature, so even if a book is total crap, you have to read it because it has something to say about the society of the time. In contrast, I like writing class because we only read really good things. Because obviously, they want us to earn by example. But the bad thing about writing class is that sometimes you can get to thinking that you can write any crap ideas down and it doesn't matter, as long as you write them down well. My TA actually said that to us the other day, and I lost a lot of respect for him. I guess it makes sense in the context of the class, but in the big picture, it is basically the worst thing you could ever think.

2 Kommentare:

Yasha hat gesagt…

Do you ever wonder if some of the literature we read (and appreciate) was actually someones "crap idea" that they managed to write and sell well.
I don't personally, but you gave me the idea.

Anupamapamapama hat gesagt…

haaaater