Samstag, November 4

So after the movie tonight I said something Josh didn't like and so he pulled the classic "Ok fine you can walk home then!" thing. So I imediately veered off in the direction of my home (a good five miles away, at least) as opposed to that of his car. I walked all the way across to the far corner of the parking lot without once looking back, and even made it to the intersection and pushed the crosswalk button. At this point I figured it would be safe to hazard a glance and looked behind me to find that the only people nearby were two shady characters parked in their car and observing me curiously. I had no other choice at this point than to cross the street. So I did, figuring that by the time I reached the other side, they would be waiting there for me or at least on their way. I cross. I wait. Nobody. I am on a street corner next to a freeway in Ontario. I am next to a gas station full of young men playing loud music. It is foggy, it is cold. Nobody is coming for me. So, I decide to walk back a ways and see what my caring friends are up to. I get close enough to spot them. They are standing casually next to the cars, seeming to be carrying on a perfectly normal conversation. I check my phone, and see that I have a missed call and a voicemail from Josh. Oh good, they must be worried about me. I listen to the voicemail. It says something to the effect of, "we are going to denny's meet us there in 15 minutes." Oh, very funny Josh. Very very funny. I am now determined to wait it out. I sneak along a little further and then turn another corner and sit on a low wall, watching, waiting for any sign of concern or worry. None whatsoever. I sit like this for a good five minutes, contantly looking over my shoulder for purse theifs and/or rapists and/or murderers. I take out my keys and hold them in my right hand just in case. I almost wish something horrible would happen to me, just to teach these bastards a lesson. After an eternity I see Santee's car pull away and drive off in the direction that I had first walked. Finally, I thought, they will begin to panic as soon as they realize I am nowhere to be found. Sure enough, a minute later my phone rings. it's Josh. he asks me what I'm doing. I answer, "Oh not much, just waiting to see how long my friends will let me wander in the cold dark night before they begin to worry about me." He laughs. He refuses to feel any remorse whatsoever. He asks me wher I am. I am tired of this, so I tell him. They drive back. I hide behind a tree for a second and that ends up being pretty fun, but basically I just give in and got in the car. Like I said, no remorse. No concern for my wellbeing whatsoever.

The moral of the story is that my friends don't care about me, and that makes me sad.

good times.

8 Kommentare:

Anupamapamapama hat gesagt…

I care for you Mandy...so um come back.

kbye

jpaulp hat gesagt…

Thats why you should start packing some heat. You never know when you might need it.

Anonym hat gesagt…

they're boys. that's all you really need to know.

Anonym hat gesagt…

i dunno about the boys part. but how do you justify using 'good times' in this situation?
-Yasha

Anonym hat gesagt…

i dunno about the boys part. but how do you justify using 'good times' in this situation?
-Yasha

Mandy hat gesagt…

EXACTLY.

Anonym hat gesagt…

heartless.

Anonym hat gesagt…

you act like you were in a bad neighborhood or something. sheesh. you are the one who waited so long before coming back.
-santee