Mittwoch, Oktober 4

Yeah. There is deifnitely a van driving through the quad right now.

Today has been a long hectic day. I went to work at 9 AM and didn't get back to the apartment till 5. I also found out that I have a midterm on the tenth, which is the day after Sufjan. It's only physics and I can study on the weekend, but still. Also I have one of my 6-8 page english papers due the monday after decemberists and dylan. You're killing me, Larry!

But tomorrow is the season premire of Lost! I can't wait, should be entralling.

Also, I wrote another half-hour-break-between-classes paragraph. Here it is, if you're interested:

The sun is out today, but the air feels like winter. It’s on days like this when I start to think about Christmas, when I wish I could wear my sweaters, and I am homesick for the Santa Annas. For my entire life, everyone I knew hated on the Santa Annas. But I always found them beautiful. They clear out the smog and make everything oversaturated and squinty and sparkly. At lunch the wind blows your hair right across your face so you can barely speak, and your lips grow chapped and your entire face faintly burns and you can scrape the dust out of your ears with a fingernail. When you get home you can’t even run your fingers through your hair, and it’s painful and wonderful and alive. As a kid I would use my jacket as a parachute and lean into the wind but it was strong and I would stay there standing strong with it. And every morning that I would wake up and see the row of plam trees bent over in agony outside my window, I would think to myself, “This is God. This is what it means to be alive.”

7 Kommentare:

Constance hat gesagt…

your midterm is on the 10th? Sufjan is on the 10th silly. So that would mean you have it that morning.

I like your paragraph. I always hated the santa anas. I still do, but you make me hate them just a little less.

Anonym hat gesagt…

why was a van driving through the quad?

Anonym hat gesagt…

wait isn't sufjan on the 9th? Now I'm confused...

nice paragraph.

Constance hat gesagt…

I said tenth. Teennnnnnttttthhhh. Not ninth.

Anonym hat gesagt…

I love Santa Annas.

- Eddie

Anonym hat gesagt…

i'm with you and eddie on this one, riding my bike into a huge gust in the middle of november is one of my favorite childhood memories. gale weather ftw! -santee

Anonym hat gesagt…

i'm with you and eddie on this one, riding my bike into a huge gust in the middle of november is one of my favorite childhood memories. gale weather ftw! -santee