Donnerstag, Oktober 12

lebenangst

I just went to the study abroad office and got some info and set up an appointment to talk with an advisor, and I got really scared. i don't know if I can do this.

More on that later. For now I have to go learn some stuff about the solar system, which is actually quite a bit harder than it sounds.

(later)
more:
What if nobody likes me? what if everyone wants to talk about politics with me? What if nobody wants to travel around europe with me? what if i am too homesick to enjoy it? what if i get bad grades and it ruins my GPA? what if everyone i meet likes to go clubbing, and nobody wants to go to concerts and indie films? I will surely die.

Missing people sounds easy in theory, but it's actually a pretty bad feeling, probably because you are so helpless to do anything about it, especially when a great geographical distance is involved. But these days it seems that no matter what you are doing, you miss people anyway. You can't avoid it, so you may as well be missing poeple while you're doing something cool. That is what I'll tell myself, anyway.

My stomach is making weird noises. this is not good, it's very quiet in here (library). I wish this feeling would go away. it's been there for 3 days already! gah.

2 Kommentare:

jpaulp hat gesagt…

Let me answer some of your study abroad questions.

Yes. People talk politics as much as they do here. If no one wants to travel go by yourself. You won't get homesick, you'll probably wish you could stay longer. The way I figured it was no matter what my friends were doing back at home I was still having a better time then they were. Do your school work and you won't get bad grades. You'll end up going to a club at least once, it will suck but you have to go to at least say your experienced the sadness.

Anonym hat gesagt…

yes, that's true. you'll definitely be having more fun than me for a year. not that you aren't already.

plus, you need to go to london so that we can visit you for christmas.

(!)